The Seven Tribes of Red Rock Canyon
Many ancient civilizations lived off the 40+ springs supporting Red Rock Canyon. These peoples coexisted with over 600 different plants, and the many animals that lived among them.
Every year, we host many Las Vegas bus tours to explore Red Rock. The greatest joy our guests have is in exploring the artifacts left behind from the following groups:
- Paleo – Indians (11,000 to 8,000 B.C.)
- San Dieguito (7000-5,500 B.C.)
- Pinto/Gypsum (3,500 BC. – 1A.D.)
- Anasazi (1 A.D. – 1150 A.D.)
- Patayan Culture (900 A.D. – Early 1800’s)
- Southern Paiute (900 A.D. – Modern Times)
When Europeans arrived in Nevada, they interacted with the Paiute and inscribed the only written records of their culture.
Roasting Pits, Tools, Pottery Fragments, and Petroglyphs, all tell the rest of the story.
You may have noticed that we only showed you the names of six groups, yet we told you there were seven.
7. You and Your Family and Friends (Tomorrow, or sometime very soon…A.D.)
There is so much to see in this rich area. The next time you’re in Vegas, schedule a bus tour with us to see the Red Rock Canyon. We pick you up right from your hotel. From there, the adventure begins.
Red Rock is where the story of ancient Las Vegas is told. By the journey’s end, you will not only see old Las Vegas, you will have lived it.